Friday, October 29, 2010

So I have been slacking…

 

I’ll come right out and admit it.  I’ve been slacking.  I promised everyone that I would keep my blog updated, oops. 

I’m still working on getting into a good rhythm / schedule with school and studying and cleaning and all those things that you have to do but don’t really want to sometimes.  I’ve been spoiled working as a paramedic with my 5 days on, 2 days off, 5 days off, 2 days on schedule.  How have people managed to do this with only 2 days off?!?  That’s probably my biggest adjustment so far – not having long enough weekends.  Especially with only a washer/dryer combo, you can’t put a new load in the washer and move the first load into the dryer.  Instead you have to take the wet clothes out, hang them up, hand iron the wrinkles out, then put the next load in.  If you forgot to put softener into the wash, you end up with wrinkly stiff shirts…  Did I mention that the washer drum is about the size of 3 paint cans?

 

Meanwhile my old washer that I left behind was huge. 

Well…maybe not quite that big.  But it definitely fit more than my current one.  Putting 6 shirts in it is about the limit.  AND the drying thing is a whole number story.

I always thought a washer/dryer would be a great thing.  Put your dirty clothes in and then an hour or so later take out your clean fluffed dry clothes.  NOT EVEN CLOSE.

First off, if you over fill it you’re in trouble.  Second, because you are using the same drum to wash and dry it’s very wet inside when it starts to dry.  That means that it heats up all that water and steams your clothes.  If you take your clothes out before they are dry they are hot steaming soaking wet articles that you try and hang up without stretching.  So I bet you are thinking, “duh! why not leave them in until they are fully dry?”.  Well you have to guess how long to put the dryer on, because you can’t just open the door stick your hand in and check.  You have to stop the machine by turning the dial to off, then wait 2 minutes for the door to unlock.  Usually by that point I’ve gotten sidetracked and forgotten that I was doing the laundry…

Anyways, what was I saying?  Oh yeah, laundry.  So if you happen to guess longer than necessary to dry your clothes you end up with dry clothes in nice compact wrinkled balls. 

And a bottle of this

just isn’t going to cut it.

 

 

 

 

Till tomorrow when I’ll post again!

No comments:

Post a Comment