Saturday, December 25, 2010

O Christmas Tree

My flat is the perfect size for me, but with a tree it might get a little crowded.  Plus a tree would cost money to have and decorate and since i’m a poor student that wasn’t a good idea either.  My Mom suggested a great idea.  She suggested I paint a tree on the big window I have.  So that’s what I’ve done. 


I thought at the same time I would show you the steps I took to make it.  I used acrylic paint since it will come off easily when I want to remove it.  I’ll apologize now for some of the pictures.  They are blurry because it’s hard to take a picture of a window.


Step one:   I took green and mixed it with brown for the darker shades and a little white for the lighter shade.  Then I just painted a tree mimicking the branches.  For the trunk I used brown mixed with black, and then mixed with white for the lighter part.










Step Two: Add lights, just like you were decorating a real tree.











Step Three: Garland next.  I forgot to take a picture with just the garland added. 
Step Four: I outlined the ornaments using the top of a pop can as a stamp.  I also added some ornaments with the copper color.











Step Five:  I filled in the ornament balls with white since I was going to shade them in color.




 




Step Six: Filled in the ornaments with some color.
Step Seven: I added the reflections of the “lights” into the ornaments.
Step Eight: Add Star. (and yes, I made that too.)

Here’s my finished tree:
At Night.









During the day:







Merry Christmas Everyone!

3 comments:

  1. That is so awesome!!! LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is an amazing tree Crissy! It really turned out beautiful. I think it is better than a real tree!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Crissy - what a great idea! - and what an amazing job you did!!! - it's beautiful!

    aunt Kathleen

    ReplyDelete