Friday, July 16, 2010

The long list of things to do

After finding out that I had gotten in to Vet college I instantly had a million things to do.


  • Find the money to pay for this adventure
  • Get a UK visa
  • Sell everything I own (not a small feat!)
  • Sell my house
  • Quit my job
  • Get rid of my car
  • Find a way for my bird to get overseas , and all that entails
  • Get myself overseas
  • Find a new apartment
  • Figure out transportation over there
  • Buy textbooks / school supplies / protective clothing
  • etc
  • etc
Many of the above are considered significant life changing stressful events.  But i'm excited more than anything else.  

It's amazing how as soon as you tell yourself that you are moving across the ocean that it's a lot easier to get rid of the things that you have accumulated over the years.  There is a method of decluttering that involves taking ~$50 in loonies and "buying" the things you want to keep.  Having to pay to ship things overseas works the same way.  Suddenly that thing you didn't want to get rid of, you want to get rid of and fast.


2 comments:

  1. Attempt to comment two. Not much to say being on nights and not functioning at 100%. But I will say be thankful that you will have a day job. once you have finished all those all nighters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am happy that I don't have to deal with a true night shift anymore.

    ReplyDelete